Home > About Manulife > Our Brand
Manulife’s focus is providing our clients with strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. These four pillars have guided our company and have helped establish Manulife as one of the most dynamic and progressive financial organizations in the world.
- At Manulife, we operate from a position of strength. That’s why we believe being a well-capitalized and highly rated public company is important. We invest for the long-term in assets such as infrastructure projects, prime real estate and commercial mortgages for small and medium sized businesses.
- We are one of the most financially stable companies in the world. Our clients draw confidence from our financial strength which sets us apart.
- Our strength is reflected in our strong capital, our financial ratings awarded us from independent rating agencies, and our strong asset performance.
- Being reliable is about being there for people. One in every five Canadians benefits from one or more of our products and services as do millions more around the world.
- People know they can count on Manulife Financial, whether it’s through our wealth products, such as mutual funds and pensions, group benefits, life, health or travel insurance, or other high-value products.
- Being reliable includes processing millions of claims electronically and efficiently across Canada, the U.S. and Asia.
- After all, reliability means we are there for you when you need us – now, and for your future.
- Sir John A. Macdonald, Canada’s first Prime Minister was Manulife’s first President. His international vision and leadership lives on today as we work across Asia, Canada and the United States to earn the trust of our clients and policyholders by always delivering on our promises.
- Our business is founded on promises that help secure the financial future for our clients – and we have delivered on those promises since 1887.
- Around the globe, Manulife Financial is often recognized with accolades and awards for customer service, performance, client satisfaction and more.
- We started doing business in Asia in 1897.
- Today we have fast growing operations serving millions of customers throughout Asia. That includes more than 1.5 million customers and 12,000 employees in China alone.
- With 75 per cent of our business now outside of Canada, we see the world as our market.