Statement of Corporate Privacy Principles
At Manulife Financial, we are committed to providing the highest quality financial products and services in a manner that fosters trust and confidence among our customers, employees and representatives. That commitment includes protecting the privacy of all the personal information in our care. Therefore, we have established this Statement of Corporate Privacy Principles to govern how we collect, use, retain and disclose personal information. In handling customer and employee personal information, we abide by the following principles:
Information we collect
- We collect personal information in compliance with applicable laws and ethical business practices, in order to provide products and services and to conduct business. We limit the information we collect to that which is necessary for, or related to, these purposes.
- For online visitors, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the type of operating systems, the time and duration of your visit to our sites and the web pages you visit within our sites in order to track usage and improve our websites and to improve your experience. For more information, review our Online Privacy Statement.
How we use Personal Information
- We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, other purposes you consent to, or as required or permitted by law. For example, subject to those limitations, we may share personal information with reinsurers, with our agents or representatives or with our service providers.
- We will not share your personal information, without your consent, with any organization outside our group of companies for the purpose of that organization marketing its products or services to you.
- We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law.
- We aim to keep our records of your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is used.
- We will protect personal information with security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, release or use.
Our Privacy Commitment
- We are committed to handling the personal information under our control with care. We have designated individuals who are responsible for monitoring our ongoing compliance with the Privacy Principles.
- We will make information about our privacy policies and practices for managing your personal information available to you.
- Upon your written request, we will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information and a description of its use or disclosure, as required or permitted by law. You may also verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Manulife Financial is an international provider of financial products and services, operating in many countries around the globe. In many countries in which we do business, the privacy principles described above are supplemented by more detailed privacy policies that reflect the particular requirements of those countries. Please refer to the links below for our privacy policies applicable to specific locations or products.
John Hancock Freedom 529 Privacy Notice
U.S. Customer Privacy Notice
Manulife Life Insurance Company Privacy Statement