Tokyo – Manulife Life Insurance Company (“Manulife Japan”; President and CEO: Craig Bromley) will commence sales nationwide of “Kodawari Shunyu-Hosho”, a new type Family Income Protection Insurance product, through Manulife Japan’s MGA1 sales channel beginning February 1, 2012.
“Kodawari Shunyu-Hosho” has been developed to meet the needs of customers who wish to prepare ahead to protect their family’s standard of living in the event of an untimely event affecting a family member. The product is designed to be simple and easy to understand.
Main Product Features of “Kodawari Shunyu-Hosho”
1. “Kodawari Shunyu-Hosho” is a family- and budget-friendly insurance product that pays a benefit on a monthly basis (monthly benefit) in the event the insured passes away or becomes completely disabled.
*The monthly benefit payment period is a guaranteed number of years (either two or five years).
2. With this product, the premium rate may be chosen based on the health condition and smoking history of the insured (provided certain requirements set by the Company are met).
Premium rates for above example case:
1. Standard premium rate: Monthly premium rate of 6,680 yen
2. Nonsmoker premium rate2： Monthly premium rate of 4,860 yen if the insured is a nonsmoker
3. Nonsmoker preferred premium rate3: Monthly premium rate of 4,480 yen if the insured is eligible for the nonsmoker premium rate described in 2. above and also satisfies certain requirements set by the Company.
3. A rider (Dread Disease Waiver of Premium Rider) may be added to the base policy, which will exempt the payment of subsequent premiums when any one of certain defined dread diseases4 is encountered.
Using the same example case details as shown in number 2 above, the monthly premium rates when the Dread Disease Waiver of Premium Rider is added are as follows:
1. Standard premium rate: Monthly premium rate of 6,900 yen
2. Nonsmoker premium rate: Monthly premium rate of 5,020 yen
3. Nonsmoker preferred premium rate: Monthly premium rate of 4,620 yen
Manulife Japan, as a strong, reliable, trustworthy, and forward-thinking company, is committed to providing the best solutions to meet individual customer needs. Going forward, Manulife Japan will continue to provide innovative products and quality service to as many customers as possible, with the aim of serving real customer needs by leveraging the knowhow, expertise and experience accumulated among Manulife Financial group companies both in Japan and worldwide.
Manulife Life Insurance Company (“Manulife Japan”) is a member of the Manulife Financial Group.
Manulife Financial is a leading Canadian-based financial services group operating in 21 countries and territories worldwide. In 2012, we celebrate 125 years of providing clients strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients around the world. We provide asset management services to institutional customers worldwide as well as reinsurance solutions, specializing in life and property and casualty retrocession. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were $492 billion (US$473 billion) as at September 30, 2011. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States.
Manulife Financial Corporation trades as ‘MFC’ on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under ‘945’ on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at www.manulife.com. Manulife Japan can be found on the Internet at www.manulife.co.jp.
Manulife Life Insurance Company
1 “MGA” is short for Managing General Agents, which refers to large-scale, independent agents common in the North American market. The MGA Development Department was established in February 2007 to promote a new type of agent channel focusing on the high net worth market segment, including business entrepreneurs, business owners and other persons of means.
2 The nonsmoker premium rate is applicable only for an insured who has no smoking history within the previous one year. (Please note that a test required for smoking history will be performed in addition to the customer providing self-disclosure of his/her smoking history.)
3 The nonsmoker preferred premium rate is applicable only to an insured who satisfies requirements set by the Company (such as blood pressure level), in addition to the requirements necessary to qualify for the nonsmoker premium rate.