- Two comprehensive savings plans that let customers prioritize guaranteed returns or potential growth
December 31, 2018
Hong Kong – Manulife Hong Kong has launched two savings plans that help customers prioritize guaranteed returns or potential growth as they build wealth for the future. Customers can either choose ManuGrand Saver which offers them a higher guaranteed cash value for extra stability, or ManuImperial Saver for a higher non-guaranteed cash value for a potential higher return.
ManuGrand Saver suits those who value certainty in their financial planning while ManuImperial Saver targets those with a higher risk appetite. Both plans give customers the flexibility to lock in or withdraw gains, and an option to pass on their wealth to the next generation, along with life protection.
Wilton Kee, Chief Product Officer for Individual Financial Products at Manulife Hong Kong, said, “Wealth accumulation is one of the key pillars of financial planning. But it is rarely straightforward, as one’s financial needs and priorities change at different life stages. With our new savings plans, you can choose a plan that suits your goals and your needs. Either way, you can grow your wealth with flexible options to realize gains, while also enjoying extra peace of mind through life protection for your family.”
Both plans offer three ways for potential long-term savings. Customers can accumulate wealth steadily with guaranteed cash value; regularly with non-guaranteed annual dividends; and in the long term with a terminal bonus. In addition, customers also enjoy a range of flexible options during the saving period, which include:
- Different ways to pay. Both plans offer customers various options for the payment period, options designed to help customers plan their futures more easily.
- The option to lock in gains. To realize long-term savings gains without cashing in the policy, customers can lock in up to 50% of the terminal bonus on their policy anniversary, from the 15th year onwards. This amount is added to the annual dividend accumulation, where it earns interest and can be withdrawn as needed.
- Flexible withdrawal options. If customers need extra cash flow, they can choose to withdraw the locked-in terminal bonus or any non-guaranteed annual dividends that have built up. They could also partially withdraw the guaranteed cash value and non-guaranteed terminal bonus by reducing the notional amount.
- Passing wealth down to the next generation. Customers have the option to change the life insured to another loved one, enabling wealth to be passed on through one or more generations.
The ManuGrand Saver and ManuImperial Saver plans offer customers extra peace of mind with additional features. In addition to life protection, if the life insured passes away due to an accident within the first 5 policy years, an additional Accidental Death Benefit is payable to help relieve the financial burden on the family. It will be paid at an amount that is equal to 100% of the aggregate sum of relevant premium due and paid.
“We all have dreams: a comfortable home, our own business, or the best possible education for a beloved child. But to make these dreams a reality in the future, we need to get ready by putting the right savings solution in place as early as we can. Offering you a path to long-term savings, Manulife helps you grow your wealth to reach your life goals and even pass your wealth to future generations,” said Mr. Kee. “No matter how far ahead you’re looking, we can help you move forward with confidence.”
For more details about ManuGrand Saver, please visit here. For more details about ManuImperial Saver, please visit here.
About Manulife Hong Kong
Manulife Hong Kong offers a diverse range of protection and wealth products and services to individual and corporate customers via Manulife (International) Limited, Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited and Manulife Provident Funds Trust Company Limited, which are members of the Manulife group of companies.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had about 35,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of September 30, 2018, we had over C$1.1 trillion (HK$6.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made C$27.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Jacqueline Kam / Steve Lee
Manulife (International) Limited
Tel: (852) 2202 1284 / 2919 3159